International Student Employment Support Program
Hire a UPEI international student as a summer intern with a 75% wage subsidy! UPEI’s Experiential Education Department has again partnered with Skills PEI to continue the International Student Employment Support Program (ISESP) this year. To date, this program has offered two cohorts of UPEI international students the opportunity to gain employability skills and has helped organizations like yours build their talent pipeline.
Employers of participants in the program will be eligible for a 75% wage subsidy up to a maximum of $6,700.
To be eligible, organizations must:
- Be located in Prince Edward Island
- Be a private, non-profit, or public sector organization
- Have the capacity to supervise and mentor a student employee during their internship
- Be able to add a student to organization’s payroll and deduct appropriate MERCs
- Provide a minimum wage of $17 per hour with MERCs covered by the employer
- Provide a 12- or 13-week internship with a 35–40 hour work week Monday to Friday
If you are interested in providing an internship opportunity, submit an application by Wednesday, April 5, 2023. (If you have multiple internship positions, please complete one application form per internship description.)
ISESP Employer Application Form (via Microsoft Forms)
If you have any questions or an issue with the application form, please do not hesitate to contact Community and Industry Outreach Coordinator Susie Zavala at email@example.com or at 902-894-2817. Employers who apply will be notified of their status in April.