Apply for Co-op Education
To be eligible for the co-operative education program you must:
- Be a full-time student enrolled in the Faculty of Business or Faculty of Science.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher in all courses, and a 2.7 in required program courses completed to date.
- Show an interest, aptitude and assessed ability, usually determined through an interview, to combine successfully the academic requirements with the requirements of the co-op program.
- Be committed to completing the required number of work terms prior to graduation.
Co-op applications for the 2021 intake closed on September 19, 2021. The next intake for the program will take place in August and September, 2022.
Once accepted into the co-op program, students must pay a one-time, program acceptance fee.
Upon registration in each of the three sections of Career Skills workshops, the student must pay the equivalent of a course fee.
To view a current listing of fees, payment deadlines and options, please visit the UPEI Tuition and Fees page.
Steps to complete your co-op application
Please view our instruction video or follow the steps below to complete your account registration and co-op application.
- Visit co-opworkterms.upei.ca and click on 'Register' under 'Students'
- Complete the registration page and submit the form. The Co-op Office will confirm your account registration within 1-2 days and inform you via email of the approval. Then you can log in to the system and start the application process.
- Return to co-opworkterms.upei.ca and log in using the information submitted in the account registration process.
- Once logged in, click on the 'Co-op' link under the dashboard on the left.
- Select the program you wish to apply for, complete the application form, and ensure all four required documents are included. The required documents are your current resume, your statement of interest, a current letter of reference written specifically for Co-op, and your unofficial UPEI transcript. To obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript, please download a copy through MyUPEI. Review the Co-op Student Guide prior to your application submission.
- Once your application is completed, click 'Submit'. You will be directed to a confirmation screen.
- The Co-op Office will contact applicants via email during the first week of October to discuss the next steps of the process.