Apply for Co-op Education
To be eligible for the co-operative education program you must:
- Be a full-time student enrolled in the Faculty of Business or Faculty of Science.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher in all courses, and a 2.7 in required program courses completed to date.
- Show an interest, aptitude and assessed ability, usually determined through an interview, to combine successfully the academic requirements with the requirements of the co-op program.
- Be committed to completing the required number of work terms prior to graduation.
Applications opening summer 2020, for September 2020 application deadline
Once accepted into the co-op program, students must pay a one-time, program acceptance fee.
Upon registration in each of the three sections of Career Skills workshops, the student must pay the equivalent of a course fee.
To view a current listing of fees, payment deadlines and options, please visit the UPEI Tuition and Fees page.
Steps to complete your co-op application
Please view our instruction video or follow the steps below to complete your account registration and co-op application.
- Visit co-opworkterms.upei.ca and click on 'Register' under 'Students'
- Complete the registration page and submit the form. The Co-op Office will confirm your account registration within 1-2 days and inform you via email of the approval. Then you can log in to the system and start the application process.
- Return to co-opworkterms.upei.ca and log in using the information submitted in the account registration process.
- Once logged in, click on the 'Co-op' link under the dashboard on the left.
- Select the program you wish to apply for, complete the application form, and ensure all four required documents are included. To obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript, please download a copy through MyUPEI. Review the Co-op Student Guide prior to your application submission.
- Once your application is completed, click 'Submit'. You will be directed to a confirmation screen.
- The Co-op Office will contact applicants via email during the first week of October to discuss the next steps of the process.