Entrepreneurial Work Terms (EWT)
Co-op students have an opportunity to complete an entrepreneurial work term (EWT). An EWT offers motivated, creative, and well-rounded students with an amazing opportunity to experience the responsibilities of taking their business idea to the next level and starting their own business.
Students who choose to conduct an entrepreneurial work term are connected with mentors and support to help them succeed.
- Several weeks before the start of the term, meet with your Co-op coordinator and Academic Director to discuss your business idea and plan.
- Within two weeks or sooner, the Coordinator will schedule a meeting for the student to meet with a potential mentor(s) to discuss your business plan.
- Following the student meeting with the Coordinator and mentor(s), and within 48 hours, the coordinator will advise the student on whether the business plan was accepted and formally approved as a suitable learning experience.
To assist you with the development of your business plan you may refer to and select one of these formats.
- Futurpreneur Canada Business Plan Writer (requires login)
- Community Business Development Corporation (CBDC) Business Plan Template
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BCD) Business Plan Template
All reasonable business ideas will be carefully considered. Only those with the greatest potential for student learning and entrepreneurial skills development will be accepted.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for more information and to Apply for an Entrepreneurial Work Term.