Employment and Volunteer Showcases
Monthly Employer and Volunteer Showcases
Based on feedback received, our annual Career and Volunteer Fairs will be changed to monthly, virtual sessions called Employer and Volunteer Showcases for the 2022-2023 academic year. We believe this model will better accommodate an organizations’ time and resources as well as students’ schedules. These showcases will be held via the Zoom platform.
Employer Showcases for the Fall 2022 semester will be held on the following dates from 12:30–1:30 pm:
- Wednesday, September 28 (full)
- Wednesday, October 26 (full)
- Wednesday, November 23 (full)
Volunteer Showcases for the Fall 2022 semester will be held on the following dates from 12:30–1:30 pm:
- Wednesday, September 21 (full)
- Wednesday, October 12 (full)
- Wednesday, November 9
Each Showcase will feature five recruiters who will be given 10 minutes each to present. The last 10 minutes of the hour will be for Q and A. Preferences will be given to organizations who are recruiting at the time of the Showcase.
If you would like to be included in one of our Showcases, please complete the appropriate Google Form by clicking on one of the links below. Depending on demand, we may open additional dates for Fall 2022, otherwise January to April 2023 Showcase dates will be released the first week of November 2022.
If you have any questions, contact Community and Industry Outreach Coordinator Susie Zavala at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (902) 894-2817.
Employers surveyed after the 2020 and 2019 UPEI Career Fairs said:
- 90% said they anticipate that their presence at the fair was helpful for their recruitment efforts
- “Wonderful communication leading up to and during the event. Lots of details were covered. Well done!”
- “Students seemed very well prepared. Most came with resumes and a bit of background knowledge on our company.”