Your search has returned no results.
A non-academic university policy:
- States the University’s position on issues which have a university-wide application;
- Embodies the University’s governing principles and helps to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Enhances the University’s mission or reduces institutional risk;
- Changes infrequently;
- Is formally approved by the Board of Governors;
- Is a statement of “what” and/or “why”;
- Addresses major operational issues.
A university procedure:
- Articulates the method by which a policy is carried out;
- Outlines a set of instructions, often in detail, that must be followed in order to achieve a specific purpose or outcome;
- Identifies roles and responsibilities;
- Is prone to change;
- Is a statement of “how”, “when”, and/or sometimes “who”.