The UPEI Board of Governors invites applications from or recommendations of individuals external to the University who might be considered for appointment to the Board.
The UPEI Board of Governors is currently seeking nominations for volunteer appointments to commence in Fall 2023 for a three-year term.
If you are interested in being considered for appointment in 2023, please send your expression of interest to us by October 20, 2023.
Recommendations can be provided in confidence by email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
UPEI is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, and supports diversity and inclusion in its teaching, learning, and work environments. The University is also committed to accessibility in all its forms. The Board welcomes expressions of interest from candidates from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Candidates should possess knowledge and competencies which would be valuable to the Board of Governors, preferably in one or more of the following areas:
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Financial reporting, investments, and management
- Governance and organizational leadership
- Human resources
- Philanthropy and community building
- Policy development
- Real estate/property development
- Desire to serve, willingness, and ability to commit the time and effort required as a member of the Board of Governors
- Experience as a board committee chair and willingness to serve in this capacity
- Personal values alignment with the values of the University of Prince Edward Island
- Experience working within a shared governance system
Submission of Nominations
Expressions of interest from or recommendations of individuals who may be suitable for future appointment to the UPEI Board of Governors are welcome at any time and, normally, will be kept on file for at least three years from the date of submission. Nominations can be provided in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.