We are dedicated to providing our campers with opportunities for learning in a safe and fun environment. Your child’s safety and enjoyment in our programs is our number one concern. We encourage participation in all activities to better enhance the campers overall experience. We look forward to seeing returning campers and welcoming new campers into the Panther Academy family!
Program specific information can be found by selecting the appropriate tab.
- UPEI Panther Academy instructors are university students chosen for their maturity, ability to relate to children, and leadership skills. Instructors are CPR/First Aid/AED certified and take part in an extensive learning week led by our Panther Academy Coordinator to prepare them for the summer.
- Varsity Sport Camps are led by our varsity coaches and their players.
Free Swim Information (not included in Varsity Sport camps)
- The swimming portion of the Panther Academy Camps is very important to our campers and parents. All camps offer three, 1-hour swimming sessions a week (typically three days per week), however, certain specialty camps may opt out of the swim on certain days if it interferes with a specific activity that is necessary to the completion of the camp.
- All campers will be given a colour-coded bracelet indicating which pool areas they are permitted to swim in (as selected by the parent during the registration process).
- Campers are supervised at all times, while swimming, by their camp instructors and certified lifeguards. Certain instructors will be assigned to be in the pool while others will be walking around the pool deck.
Pre- and Post-Camp Supervision
- Pre-camp supervision is available between 8:00-9:00 am and Post-camp supervision is available from 4:00-5:00 pm at no additional charge. Please note that, although supervision is provided, there is no programming during these times. This is “free time” where campers may participate in low organized games or their own activities. Instructors will be present during these times.
- Camp programming begins at 9:00 am daily; please do your best to arrive promptly to ensure your child doesn’t miss out on the fun! Campers will depart from their drop-off locations and travel to their activity areas, beginning at 9:00 am. At the end of the day, we appreciate your every effort to pick up your child before 5:00 pm.
- Varsity Sport camps times may differ from our other programs. This information will be included in the registration.
- Only individuals whose names are provided at the time of registration will be allowed to pick up the child. Only when written permission is provided in advance will other individuals be allowed to pick up the child. We require all adults to present photo ID upon request and signature when picking up children from camp. This includes post-camp supervision from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm as well as any early dismissal arrangements.
- Campers over the age of 12 are able to leave camp on their own should parents choose this option at the time of registration.
- We want all children to have fun at the Panther Academy Camps. Unfortunately, some children’s behaviour negatively impacts others. If a child is asked to leave camp, it will only be after we have contacted the child’s parents and the registration fee will not be refunded.
- Please refer to the Panther Academy Camper Code of Conduct.
- Panther Academy programs ask that parents/guardians not send any nut products to camp for lunches or snacks.
- Please note that we are not a peanut-free facility because we share the facilities with the public and nuts may have been consumed in public areas.
- Summer Camp's Meal Plan option is also in a public facility and is not suitable for children with food allergies or intolerances.
- Children are reminded to wash their hands before and after eating and are not permitted to share food.
- Please make sure all allergies are clearly listed when registering.
- If your child has a medical concern, please ensure that our office knows in advance of the camp. Be sure to list any type of medication (over the counter or prescription) that your child might need during their attendance at camp.
- *If medication is to be administered during camp hours, we will require parents to complete a Medical Consent form prior to the camp start date.*
- Please ensure all medications are in their original containers and clearly state your child’s full name.
- Please make sure to list any medications required at the time of registration.