Alumni Canada Games Place Track and Field
UPEI Alumni Canada Games Place was the venue for track-and-field competitions for the 2009 Games as well as the closing ceremonies. It features a synthetic, 400-meter, eight-lane oval track; a water jump for steeplechase; a facility for long and triple jump, pole vault, discus and hammer throw, javelin throw and shot put; storage building, washrooms, and spectator seating and viewing.
The facility is situated on land provided by UPEI, and, through its name, recognizes the university's alumni for their significant financial support toward the development of this athletics venue. All full-time UPEI Students, Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre Members, and UPEI Walking Track members will have track access Monday to Friday 6:30 am to dusk.
UPEI Alumni Canada Games Place - Fast Facts
- Class 2 eight-lane running track
- rugby field
- hammer throw area
- discus circles
- steeplechase pit
- D square for high jump
- triple jump pits
- javelin toss lanes
- Seating for 1,335
- VIP seating in the building: 100 (washrooms and service outlets)
- timing and announcing equipment at announcer building on the start/finish line
- storage building
- practice areas, including hammer throw cage and discus circles, as well as warm areas
- green space, walking paths, and areas for event tents
- fully accessible (including handicapped parking)
- Artificial turf field and soccer complex next door (including washrooms, change rooms, and canteen)
To get a track membership, visit Panther Central desk at the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre Front Desk. or contact 902-566-0368.