Your search has returned no results.
Policies and Procedures
- In order to maintain accountability, it is important that you check your child in daily upon arriving at the Camp Sign-In Desk located directly inside the main entrance to the UPEI Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre. In addition, at the end of each day, you must also check your child out at the same location.
- If your child will be dropped off and entering the facility by themselves, please be sure to tell them that they are still required to check-in each morning at the sign-in desk.
- If you know that your child will be absent or late on any particular day, please be sure to inform your child’s instructor.
Safe Arrival System
- Please contact Panther Central at #566-0368 before 9:00 am if your child is going to be absent from camp for any reason that you did not already plan for. If your child is absent and we have not been notified, we will contact you and leave messages at the participant’s home number and the daytime numbers of both parents/guardians.
Pick up Procedures
- Please ensure that everyone who has permission to pick-up your child has been added to their registration form. Only those listed on the registration form will be permitted to pick that child up from camp. As well, those picking up your child will be asked to show a photo ID to verify their identity. Please make sure that everyone with permission to pick up your child brings a photo ID with them daily. You will also be required to physically sign the camper out with their designate camp instructor in addition to checking out at the sign-out desk.
- Without a photo ID, those picking up campers will have to have their identity verified by the Camp Director before they are permitted to pick up their camper.
- If you would like to pick up your child early please let the camp instructor know in the morning and remember to sign the early pick-up list to ensure that they will be ready at the appropriate time and place. In the event of an unscheduled early pick up please call the camp office at #566-0636 to arrange this. It is best to arrange early pickups in advance since your child may be away from the main camp building at an activity and it may take some time for them to walk back.
- If your child has permission to leave on their own at the end of the day please indicate this under the Check-Out Authorization section of the registration form. Campers should be a minimum of 12 years old to be permitted to leave camp on their own.
- Any changes to the authorized pick-up list must be submitted in writing to the camp office prior to it being implemented and must indicate if the person’s name pertains to a specific day or should be added for the entire summer.
- For safety reasons, please do not include nuts or peanut butter in snacks or lunches as a growing number of children have life-threatening allergies to nuts. Due to the size and diversity of the University, there is no guarantee that peanuts and other nut products will not be on or around the locations of the UPEI Panther Camps. Thank you for your cooperation in making the environment as safe as possible.