We are excited to welcome back our fitness centre members! Due to COVID-19, we have adopted new comprehensive cleaning and usage protocols and changes. Please read through all the necessary information before arriving at the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre. Together we will create a space for you to safely enjoy your workout.
Effective Monday, August 3, up to 20 clients are permitted in the fitness centre at a time.
UPEI Athletics and Recreation is committed to following the guidelines recommended by our Chief Public Health Office (CPHO) and UPEI’s Operational Ease-Back Plan to ensure the safety of our members, staff and community.
- Do not enter the building if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have travelled outside the Atlantic Provinces or have been in contact with anyone who has been outside the Atlantic Provinces in the last 14 days.
- Pre-registration for a workout time is required as we have a limited capacity of 20 members in the fitness centre.
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use provided hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the facility.
- Maintain two metres distance from others.
- During your workout, do not share equipment. Please follow all signage for equipment use, including arrows on the floor and pick up/drop off areas for equipment cleaning.
- Members will be expected to clean all equipment after use. Staff will be around to assist if needed.
- Please wash and/or sanitize your hands upon arrival. Hand washing stations are located in the washrooms and hand sanitizer is available upon entrance to the Chi Wan Young Sports Centre.
- Security Services and Health, Safety, and Environment have posted signs on the Chi-Wan Young exterior door indicating entrance and exit, in order to help with traffic flow while physically distancing (2m/6ft).
- For those with mobility issues, please use accessible entrances/exits as required.
- Active Campus/Membership ID card is required.
- All previous fitness centre etiquette is still applicable: no powdered chalk, no slamming/dropping weights/medicine balls on the floor, no using another person's ID card, etc.
- Locker rooms, showers, saunas, water fountains and water bottle stations will not be available for use at this time.
- Lockers outside the Fitness Centre are available for use during your workout (please bring your own lock).
- The indoor walking track, squash courts and gymnasium will remain closed at this time.
- We will honour those who previously purchased a day pass or 5 punch pass prior to March 15, 2020.
How to book workout times:
Members must schedule work out times via email request to email@example.com (This email will only be monitored Monday-Friday from 6am-3pm). Members will be able to request workout times up to seven (7) days in advance. Please provide preferred work out times and dates as well as Membership ID number (times will not be confirmed without a valid ID number). Work out times will be limited to one hour per day per person.
To check for available workout times please visit Fitness Centre Availability.
- 6:00 am and 7:00 am bookings must be made during business hours the day before.
- Youth between 12 and 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult in the fitness centre.