Sports Centre FAQ
What are your hours of operation?
- The Chi Wan Young Sports Centre hours are listed HERE.
Where can I park?
- Community members can access the MacLauchlan Arena parking lot, located behind our facility and across from the School of Sustainable Design and Engineering Building.
- Community members may obtain a token from the Bell Aliant Centre Control Desk following their workout.
- Metered parking lots are located in front of the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre and W.A. Murphy Student Centre.
Note: The gated lot in front of the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre is for Bell Aliant Centre pool users only. Parking in this lot will require you to pay for a token at the pool’s Control Desk.
Where can I change/put my outdoor clothing if locker rooms are closed?
- Users should bring their own locks as UPEI Athletics and Recreation is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Lockers are for day use only. Any locks left on overnight will be cut off and items will be removed.
- For walking track users, there is a coat rack available outside of the track to put your personal belongings.
- Washrooms are located outside the walking track and fitness centre on the second floor.
How will I know if the facility is closed due to weather conditions?
- You can find weather-related early or full closures on UPEI's main page (upei.ca) or by downloading the UPEI Safe app. Available on Google Play or Apple's App Store.
- We will also post all weather related closures on our social media pages:
- Facebook - UPEI Athletics and Recreation
- Twitter - @UPEIPanthers
- Instagram - UPEI Panthers
When is open gym time?
- Open gym time will not be offered for the foreseeable future. Please check the website for details from time to time.
Are the Bell Aliant Centre Pool or MacLauchlan Area rinks open?
- UPEI does not own or operate the facility. For all inquiries please visit their website.