Athletic Facilities and Rentals
The University of Prince Edward Island boasts state-of-the-art athletic facilities for students, staff, faculty, and members of the community!
- Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre
- UPEI Outdoor Artificial Turf Field
- Alumni Canada Games Place Track and Field
Want to rent the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre, UPEI Alumni Canada Games Place or the UPEI Turf?
Please contact Stephanie at 902-566-0305 or email email@example.com.
All bookings must be secured with a major credit card. We require a minimum of 72 hours advance notice for bookings, please. Our facilities are staffed by student monitors and we need time to secure these staff for events/activities at our outdoor venues.
We require 24-hour notice of cancellation for facility rentals. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations under 24 hours notice. Please read our full rental policies under the Athletic Facility Rental Fee Structure link below:
Important reminders (COVID-19 protocols for facility use):
- All users must book requested time with Stephanie Knickle – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All users must follow the directional signage and protocols to enter/exit the facilities.
- All users groups / coaches must follow the return to play protocols for their specific sport, including forwarding operational plans, collecting signed waivers from each participant before accessing the fields/track area and protocols for shared equipment.
- All groups MUST adhere to the UPEI's gathering size limit of no more than 50 people permitted outside, provided physical distancing can be maintained.
- All users/organizations must provide hand sanitizer to all participants to ensure proper hand hygiene is completed. Groups may also request participants come with their own. UPEI will not provide hand sanitizer at the outdoor facilities.
- No washrooms/water fountains/locker rooms available. Please come prepared for your activity. No access to any buildings/clubhouse.
- Please do not use team benches.
- No spectators allowed. All players and coaches must adhere to physical distancing of at least 2m (6 feet) while on campus at all times, as you enter/exit the grounds, and during all activities while using the outdoor facility.
- All users are responsible to conduct daily sign in processes of all players, and coaches on the field/area. This sign in will require names, phone numbers and/or email address. This list must be sent to Stephanie Knickle after each booking (a picture will do).
- All players and visitors must vacate the playing area and parking lot immediately following their booking.
- All users/organizations must adhere to the organized recreational activities and team sports guidance established by the CPHO: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/organized-recreational-activities-and-team-sports-guidance
UPEI Athletics and Recreation appreciates your cooperation in working with us to ensure we keep all users safe. These guidelines are subject to change with limited notice.
It is at the discretion of the UPEI Athletics and Recreation to deny entry of any group that has been found to not be in compliance with these guidelines.
Find out what's happening at UPEI's athletic facilities: