Panther Academy FAQ
What are the camp hours?
- Pre-Camp Supervision: 8:00–9:00 am
- Full-Day Camp Programming: 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Post-Camp Supervision: 4:00–5:00 pm
- Varsity Sport Camps: Times may differ from our other programs This information will be included in the registration details.
What to bring?
- Clothing and Shoes: Campers should come to camp wearing comfortable clothing and dressed appropriately for a full day of activity. We recommend sneakers (no black soles), sandals for the pool area only, jacket/sweater, and a hat for outside activities.
- Water Bottle: Water is a vital component when performing physical activity. Parents are asked to send a water bottle each day, labeled with your child’s name. We ask you to not send any glass bottles with children to camp as they will not be permitted in the gymnasium.
- Sunscreen: Your child will be participating in outdoor activities while at camp; therefore it is very important to send sunscreen every day. We recommend applying sunscreen prior to camp and sending extra so we can reapply to ensure they will be protected.
- Swimming Gear: Please pack a SWIMSUIT and TOWEL for your child every day! We also recommend that you send goggles, a lifejacket, and other swimming gear if needed. Swimming is not included in our half-day Varsity Summer Basketball camps.
- Backpack: A backpack is recommended for all of your child’s belongings. Please label every item with their full name to avoid mix up and confusion with other camper’s belongings.
- Snacks/Lunch: It is essential for campers to arrive with a substantial lunch and two healthy snacks packed to keep them energized for the day.
What NOT to bring
- Electronic devices
- Pokemon cards, Beyblades or any other items that may end up being traded.
What is the staff to camper ratio?
- 1:5 for all Cooking camps
- 1:8 for all Preschool camps
- 1:10 for all Mini University and Creative/Artistic camps (excluding Dance)
- 1:15 for all Sports & Fun 'N' Fitness and Dance camps
- 1:10 for all PD Days and March Break Programming
What entrance should I use?
- You should drop off and pick up your child every day using the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre Main Entrance. Please note that this is NOT the Bell Aliant Centre Pool entrance, it is located to the right of the pool entrance (Building #1 in the UPEI Map).
Does my child meet the age requirements?
- If your child is entering kindergarten or Grade 1 in the fall of the upcoming school year, he/she is eligible to attend all of our Momma J's Jelly Bean Gym camps.
- Mini-U and Sports Camps require children to be entering Grade 2 in the fall of the upcoming school year.
- Cooking Camps require children to be entering Grade 3 in the fall of the upcoming school year.
- Fun 'N' Fitness Camps require children to be entering Grade 2 in the fall of of the upcoming school year.
- PD Day and March Break Camps are open to children in Grades K-6.
Will I receive confirmation that my child is registered?
- When registering online a confirmation email will be sent upon completion of the registration process. Should this not happen please email us at email@example.com.
- We do not offer waitlists. We recommend checking our website for registration dates so you do not miss out on the camps your child(ren) may be interested in.
When will I receive my Tax Receipt?
- Tax receipts for the current tax year will be emailed upon request.