Information for Participants
In-person classes are typically held from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm unless otherwise indicated. Approximately one hour will be provided for lunch.
In-person classes will be taking place in Room 102, Alumni Hall (618 University Avenue, Charlottetown), building #38 on the UPEI Campus and Parking Map (unless otherwise notified).
Course cancellation and refunds
The fee for the cancelled course will be credited to the participants account to be used toward their next course. Refunds are not issued automatically, as many participants prefer to keep their funds in their UPEI account to use towards future course fees. If you would like a refund, please contact us.
Individuals wishing to withdraw from a professional development course must contact the Office at 902-620-5216 or email@example.com as soon as possible.
Note: This does not apply to credit courses. Please contact the Registrar's Office if you are cancelling or withdrawing from a credit course.
The following professional development course cancellation conditions apply:
- If you withdraw from a course less than two weeks before the course start date, a $100 late cancellation administrative fee will be charged. Refunds are not issued automatically, as many participants prefer to keep their funds in their UPEI account to use towards future course fees. If you would like a refund, please contact us.
- If you withdraw less than five business days before the course start date, the participant will forfeit his/her course fee.
- In the instance a medical certificate is provided, a credit for the full course fee, will be applied to the participant’s account for use on future courses.
- Substitutions are accepted for any cancellation regardless of timeframe. The Office must be notified of the substitution as soon as possible.
- Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal. Those who do not attend and provide no notice, forfeit his/her full course fee.
Food will usually be provided for full-day in-person classes. However, if you wish to go out at lunch break and get different food, there are several eating establishments within a five-minute walk of Alumni Hall.
Language of facilitation
All professional development courses are facilitated in English.
Parking is free at the front of Alumni Hall (entrances are off of University Avenue). Subsequently, if the parking lot in front of Alumni Hall is full, participants may park at the Royalty Crossing parking lots and walk to Alumni Hall (approximately a 2–3 minute walk).
Proof of completion
Upon the completion of a certificate program, a .pdf certificate will be emailed to all participants who have completed the certificate (all necessary course/facilitator surveys and/or assignments must be completed for a participant to be deemed “completed” of a certificate program).
Upon the completion of an individual, stand-alone course (that is not a part of a certificate program) a .pdf "Letter of Completion" will be emailed to all participants who have completed the course (all necessary course/facilitator surveys and/or assignments must be completed for a participant to be deemed “completed” of the course).
If you have completed a course with a certificate program and need proof, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send an email confirming your completion of said course.
UPEI alumni and employee discount
All alumni* and full-time employees of UPEI are entitled to a 15% discount on all regular OCEPD programming, excluding Experimental Fish.
Please indicate on the registration form that you are a UPEI alum or a UPEI employee (please note if you are both a UPEI alum and an employee, you are eligible for one 15% discount).
*Please note that to be considered a UPEI alum, you must have graduated from UPEI with an undergraduate and/or postgraduate academic degree(s).