Apply for professional development grants from the following groups:
Workplace Skills Training Program
Workplace Skills Training is a program developed for private sector employers to train new or existing employees to develop their skills and align with the needs of the business. SkillsPEI can contribute up to 50% of the direct training costs. You and or your employer will be required to contribute the remaining 50%. At the end of the training, the employee should have developed skills to meet the demands of today's economy. There is no deadline for applications under the Workplace Skills Training program. Applications are accepted and processed on an ongoing basis.
Apply and read more about the program by visiting the Skills PEI website
- Business or marketing planning, not to exceed $1,000; or
- Management skills training, not to exceed $500, in business areas such as accounting and finance, HR, marketing and production.
CBDC has an Entrepreneur Training fund which can cover up to 90% of the training costs to a maximum of $2,000.
If you are UPEI staff or faculty, find out what funding is available to you by visiting these links:
- For information on submitting a Professional Development and Travel Reimbursement (PDTR) claim, please email email@example.com.
Canada Training Grant
- People who take training for the purpose of upskilling or job training are eligible for the Canada Training Grant, a $250 refundable tax grant.
Atlantic Immigrant Career Loan Fund (AICLF)
- AICLF provides micro-loans to immigrants in Atlantic Canada to help fund professional development and training. Visit the AICLF website for more information.