UPEI Alumni Email Account FAQ
How do I request an @upeialum.ca email account?
- As the deadline for alumni migration requests passed on May 31 (excluding graduates of 2022), we are not currently accepting requests for new alumni email accounts at this time.
How do I access my @upeialum.ca email account?
- You can access your @upeialum.ca email via a web browser by logging in to https://mail.upeialum.ca.
- Your username and temporary password will be emailed to you when your account is created.
Can I access my @upeialum.ca email account via mobile?
- Yes! We recommend that you download the Microsoft Outlook mobile app from your phone’s app store for the best experience.
Will my @upei.ca student email data be moved over to my new @upeialum.ca mailbox?
- Your @upei.ca student email data will be migrated only if you request so when submitting the Alumni Email opt-in form.
Will my other cloud data be migrated to my @upeialum.ca email account, such as my Google Drive or OneDrive documents?
- No. Your @upeialum.ca account is an “email only” account and does not include any cloud document storage.
- You will need to export any cloud data yourself before your @upei.ca student account is deactivated, by following these instructions:
- Export your Google Drive documents by logging in to https://drive.google.com with your @upei.ca account. Select the files and folders you wish to export, then click the ellipsis (three vertical dots) in the upper right-hand corner and choose “Download”.
- Alternatively, you can also export your Google data by using https://takeout.google.com/
- Export your One Drive documents by logging in to https://onedrive.office.com with your @upei.ca account. Select the files and folders you wish to export, then click the “Download” button.
When will my @upei.ca student account be deactivated?
- Your @upei.ca student account will be deactivated one year after graduation.
- If you graduated prior to June 2021, your @upei.ca student account will be deactivated July 2022.
Will I be notified before my @upei.ca student account is deactivated?
- Yes! You will be notified via email (sent to your @upei.ca email address) before your @upei.ca student account is deactivated.