Health and Dental Coverage
Health and dental coverage that could fit your needs
TD Insurance offers Health Assist health and dental insurance plans from Green Shield Canada (GSC)* for University of Prince Edward Island alumni.
We have a selection of GSC Health Assist® plans that offer a wide range of prescription drug, dental, vision and extended health care benefits, plus emergency medical travel protection. So you can choose the plan with the benefits and level of coverage that best suits you, your lifestyle and your budget. Acceptance is guaranteed** for many plans – even if you have pre-existing medical conditions. Other plans require completion of a health questionnaire and medical underwriting, but we keep it as simple as possible.
Never had health benefits before? No need to worry. You’re eligible to apply for any Health Assist ZONE plan, as long as you’re a Canadian resident under 80 years of age, with valid provincial health coverage.
Losing your group health benefits? Health Assist LINK plans may be the right solution for you. They’re specially designed for people whose group coverage has ended.
**Your acceptance is guaranteed upon GSC’s receipt of the initial payment.
Key features of Health Assist health and dental plans include:
- Guaranteed acceptance*** – No medical questions or exams required when you apply for most plans.
- No long waiting period – After application approval, other supplemental health plans may require a three or six-month waiting period before you can use your benefits. With Health Assist plans, your coverage starts the first of the month following approval of your application.
- Benefits for life – Once your application is approved, you have coverage for as long as you need it, regardless of age or future changes in health – as long as your payments are made.
- Hassle-free claims – Most prescription drug, dental, vision and extended health care claims can be processed instantly using your benefits card. Other claims can be reimbursed quickly with direct deposit to your bank account.
- Tax advantages – If you’re self-employed or a small business owner, your Health Assist plan payments may be a tax-deductible business expense.****
- Coverage that starts after group benefits stop – If you’re losing employer group benefits within 90 days, you can choose from one of four LINK plans.*****
Take advantage of your alumni benefits today! Simply call TD Insurance at 1-866-883-5647 for a quote.
Our licensed advisors offer professional and personalized insurance advice to help you determine the right coverage for your needs.
Plus, the TD Insurance Affinity Program helps support alumni activities.
Feel confident with health and dental coverage that could suit your needs. Get a no-obligation quote now by calling 1-866-883-5647.
* Health Assist individual insurance plans are provided by Green Shield Canada (GSC). Some restrictions may apply. See Insurance Policy for coverage details, including limitations and exclusions.
*** Acceptance is guaranteed for select plans, as long as GSC receives the initial payment; other plans require completion of a health questionnaire and medical underwriting. To be eligible to apply for Health Assist plans, you must be a Canadian resident with valid provincial health insurance coverage and under 80 years of age.
**** Please consult your financial advisor about tax advantages.
***** GSC must receive your application within 90 days of your group coverage end date.
This is a summary and does not constitute a contract. Actual terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions are detailed in the contract issued by Green Shield Canada upon application approval.
GSC Health Assist is a registered trademark of Green Shield Canada.
*TD Insurance means TD Life Insurance Company.