Important Dates - Residence
Important dates for students in residence. For all other important UPEI dates, please refer to the Academic Calendar's General Calendar Dates.
Friday, August 30
- Residence Move-in, 9:00 am—8:00 pm
- First meal at the Dining Hall is at 4:30 pm (Residence students participating in New Student Orientation activities will go to the dining hall at 5:30 pm)
Saturday, August 31
- Residence Move-in continues, come to Andrew Hall 142 between 9:00 am—6:00 pm
Sunday, September 1
- Returning residence students can move in, come to Andrew Hall 142 between 9:00 am—6:00 pm
Monday, September 2
- Labour Day: Residence Move-in continues, 9:00 am—6:00 pm
Tuesday, September 3
- University resumes regular business hours. No classes.
Wednesday, December 4—Saturday, December 14
- Examinations. All residence rooms should be vacant within 24 hours after a student's final exam unless a student has made prior arrangements for a move-out extension, or has made a holiday break accommodation request (certain restrictions apply). Information about how to apply for a temporary extension will be made available in mid-November.
Saturday, January 4
- Students can return to residence for the Second (Winter) Semester starting at 9:00 am
- First meal at the dining hall will be served at 4:00 pm
- Islander Day and Mid-semester break. No classes. Students may remain in residence for the break. Food service will be available but will only serve brunch and supper.
Wednesday, April 8—Wednesday, April 22
- Examinations. All residence rooms should be vacant within 24 hours after a student's final exam unless a student has made prior arrangements for a move-out extension. Information about how to apply for a temporary extension will be made available by mid-March.