Bernardine Hall—or "Bernie" as residents call it—is the perfect place for students to make the transition from high school to university. It’s a great place to meet people, make new friends, and balance academic and social life. Bernardine’s traditional style of residence living offers fun activities while allowing you to stay focused on academic success. It’s always easy to find someone to hang out with or provide a little extra help with your assignment. In Bernardine we focus on your personal growth and development as you embark on your university career.
All students living in Bernardine are on a five- or seven-day unlimited meal plan and eat at the Wanda Wyatt Dining Hall. It’s easy and convenient: no shopping or meal prep, and no dishes to do! The dining hall is open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday to Friday; 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday), and is a great place to spend time getting to know other students, and study.
Is Bernie Hall right for you?
- great community
- budget friendly
- shared bedroom
- meal plan required
- mostly first- and second-year students
- rooms are fully furnished with large wardrobes for storage, workstations with overhead shelves, single size captain’s beds, desk chairs, bulletin boards, and a vanity with sink
- rooms are spacious, with a complete bathroom shared by three or four people
- rooms come with complimentary local telephone service, voice mail, cable TV connection, and wireless internet service
- each floor has a TV lounge, study room, kitchenette, and laundry facilities
- the dining hall is just a one-minute walk away
Did you know?
- residences are locked 24 hours a day, but you can easily make arrangements for your guests to visit
- students like "Bernie" because of its open-door community feeling, the outgoing nature of its residents, and opportunities to interact
- residence fees include all utilities (heat, hot water, electricity, local telephone, internet, and cable)
- unlike traditional residence dorms, you don’t have to share the washroom with the whole floor, just one other room