Prospective Graduate Students
Entrance requirements include a BSc degree in Engineering or Science (in a relevant field) for the MSc program, and a MSc degree or equivalent for the PhD programs. UPEI requires grades with a minimum average of 70% in order to consider an application. Proof of English language proficiency will be required for non-native English speakers or if the language of instruction for the undergraduate degree was not in English.
Securing a supervisor prior to applying is an admission requirement.
Deadline and other details
- Application deadlines
- for Fall intake - July 1
- for Winter intake - November 1
- for Summer intake - March 1
- Tuition deposit: $250
How to apply
Students interested in applying should read and follow these steps:
- Step 1: Ensure you meet the entrance requirements before applying. International students should learn in advance about visa requirements and language proficiency (for those whose first language is not English).
- Step 2: Review faculty profiles (potential supervisors) and their areas of interest. Before applying, students must contact and confirm a supervisor and discuss funding arrangements for the duration of the program.
- Step 3: Submit a Graduate Application form to the Registrar's Office. The form must be accompanied by official transcripts, a statement of interest or Curriculum Vitae, and an application fee. You must arrange to have two letters of reference (on official letterhead and signed by the reference) sent directly to the Registrar's Office. And if applicable, proof of English proficiency in the form of IELTS or TOEFL results to be sent to the Registrar's Office.
Dr. Ali Ahmadi
FSDE Graduate Studies Coordinator