The Teaching and Learning Centre provides a time-based grant application for tenured, tenure-track faculty, sessional instructors, librarians, lab instructors, teaching assistants, student service professionals, and any others involved in teaching at UPEI who are interested in refreshing or revamping their course.
The grant provides recipients with dedicated time (40 hours) with the instructional design team to accomplish your vision for the course. The purpose of this grant is to provide instructors with pedagogical and technological support to develop the course experience that is envisioned for their students. Contact the Teaching and Learning Centre for more information.
The Multimedia Development Grant provides instructors the opportunity to collaborate with the Instructional Multimedia Specialist to create academic, high-quality multimedia resource materials.
These grants are administered by the Teaching and Learning Centre. Grant recipients receive up to 40 hours of the Instructional Multimedia Specialist’s time towards creating a resource (no funds are attached). The purpose of these grants is to allow instructors to receive creative and technical support from the Multimedia Specialist in developing resources they would otherwise not be able to complete on their own.
As a result of the Student Union’s advocacy efforts, through a strategic investment in student learning and success by the Provincial Government, an Open Education Resource Development Program at UPEI has been created. This partnership with the Student Union, University, and Province provides funds for the creation, adaptation, adoption, and review of open education resources (OERs).
The funding program is administered by the Teaching and Learning Centre and the Robertson Library, and provides a variety of funding opportunities including:
- Open Textbook Grant: up to $3,500 each
- This grant supports the development of a new open textbook on a topic that is currently not covered by an existing open textbook.
- Open Textbook Adaptation Grant: up to $1,000 each
- This grant supports the adaptation of one or more open textbooks to create a new version or edition of an open textbook. This may include, but is not limited to, using chapters from multiple open texts to create a new open textbook, or creating a Canadian edition of an existing open textbook.
- Supplementary Resources Grant: up to $1,000 each
- This grant supports the creation of ancillary materials for existing open textbooks, including, but not limited to test banks, slide decks, or interactive media, etc. for an open textbook or other open education resource.
Questions about OERs? More information is available here
Questions about your grant idea? Email TLC@upei.ca
The Internal SoTL Research Grant (ISRG) program supports research pursuits in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) through the funding of fully-developed research proposals. Researchers are encouraged to provide high-quality student training opportunities and to propose collaborations with others from different, but complementary, disciplines.
Value: up to $1,500 for a two-year term. ISRG proposals for lesser amounts will be considered favourably.
Visit the Research Services website for program guidelines and application instructions.