International Summer School Opportunities
ESC Rennes School of Business
ESC Rennes School of Business in France is offering our students two excellent courses this coming May/June!
- Competitive Strategy: May 26–June 5, 2020
- Responsible Management: June 9–19, 2020
These Summer Programs offer intensive academic and professional courses taught in English by a team of multicultural professors from Rennes School of Business. They are a great opportunity for students from around the world to improve their knowledge and expertise in these fields; and to make new friends and contacts.
Seats are limited so if you are interested, please contact the UPEI Study Abroad office at email@example.com and apply through the International Experience Application form.
UPEI deadline is March 25, 2020
University of Jyväskylä - Finland
International Summer School in Human Sciences
May 18–June 12, 2020
The University of Jyväskylä is pleased to welcome you to our 17th International Summer School in Human Sciences in May-June 2020. The Summer School in Human Sciences comprises of 22 interdisciplinary courses for undergraduate and/or graduate students interested in e.g. language and culture studies, communication, education, music, psychology, sport and health sciences, business and marketing and social sciences.
Week I: May 18–22, 2020
- Visual Communication as a Way to Improve Working Life Skills
- Finnish Language and Culture
- Education in Finland
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- Sports Economics
Week II: May 25–29, 2020
- Physical Activity, Sport, Health and Health Promotion - International Perspectives
- Regional Approaches to Global Sustainability
- Conflict and Intergroup Communication
- How to Make a Successful Application for Erasmus+ Sport Programme
- Ear Training & Blended Learning
- Intrapreneurship: Current Perspectives on New Business Development and Corporate Entrepreneurship
Week III: June 1–5, 2020
- Sport Marketing
- National Education Systems: Foundations, Frameworks, Structures and Experiences
- Managing Customer Relationships with Digital Marketing
- Nordic Working Life Model: Past, Present and the Future of Work in Light of Institutional Theories
- Multilingual Communication in Multicultural Teams
- Introduction to Dance Movement Therapy and other Arts Therapies
Week IV: June 8–12, 2020
- Greek Political Thought and its Modern Echos
- Humor, Laughter, and Society
- Music, Mind & Well-being
- Magic of the Game - Perspectives to Digital Games
- Adapted Physical Activity
How to apply?
The online application form and instructions for completing the application are available at http://r.jyu.fi/hs-summerschool/apply. The application deadline is 1 March 2020. You are welcome to apply for the full summer school programme (one course per week) or parts of it. Each course lasts one week and they are 2-5 ECTS credits.
Students from partner universities all over the world are invited to apply to the Summer School. Also the degree and exchange students of the University of Jyväskylä are welcome to join the courses.
Students are accepted to the Summer School in the framework of the bilateral cooperation agreements between the University of Jyväskylä and partner universities. Consequently, we do not charge tuition or course fees. However, students may be required to pay tuition for their own home university to enable credit transfer. We may collect small participation fees for individual events of the social programme. Students are expected to pay for their travel to and from Jyväskylä as well as living expenses and accommodation while in Jyväskylä.
The teaching staff of the Summer School consists of professors, researchers and experts from the University of Jyväskylä and from partner universities.
Summer School participants can reserve accommodation in the apartments of the Kortepohja Student Village at about 2.5 kilometres / 1.5 miles from the University. They will each have a furnished study-bedroom (with a shared kitchenette and bathroom) which also include a blanket, pillow, bed linen and some basic kitchenware. Also included in the room price is breakfast and the possibility to use the gym.
The cost of accommodation is as follows:
4 weeks: 450 €
3 weeks: 390 €
2 weeks: 320 €
1 week: 235 €
Summer Intensive Japanese Language and Culture Program 2020
Deadline to apply is March 31, 2020
Session 1 (2-week Program)
- Period: June 22–July 3
- Course: Introductory Japanese Class only
Session 1 is offered for the applicants who have never studied Japanese before.
Session 2 (4-week Program)
- Period: July 8–August 5
- Courses: Beginning to Advanced
Also offering the combined programs with Session 1 and Session 2.
For application process and fees, visit the website.