THE INSPIRE! CAMPAIGN
On April 3, 2019, Dr. Alaa S. Abd-El-Aziz, President and Vice-Chancellor, and J. Gordon MacKay, Chair of The INSPIRE! Campaign, announced that through the support of alumni, friends, foundations, companies, and government, the University of Prince Edward Island has exceeded its INSPIRE! Campaign goal of $50 million.
UPEI has raised $50,256,292 to support its strategic priorities of creating new knowledge and delivering exceptional learning experiences that prepare students for success.
In addition to surpassing the campaign target ahead of schedule, the President also announced that UPEI has secured another $3 million donation from private donors, who wish to remain anonymous, and which has been earmarked for several health and wellness initiatives over and above INSPIRE! projects.
Read the full UPEI news release
The Inspire! Campaign:
- Launched October 2, 2015
- Focused on 4 priorities: Sustainable Design Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, Experiential and Global Learning, and Athletics
- $50,256,292 was raised with an additional $3M raised for non-campaign priorities
- Exceeded our goal eight months early
- 471 new student awards were created
- 3013 total donors, 679 new donors
- UPEI received support from 10 countries, 13 provinces/territories, 32 states, 429 cities/towns in Canada, 101 cities/towns in the United States