UPEI Annual Fund
Why is annual giving important at UPEI
Annual gifts from alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of UPEI provide a vital source of revenue for university operations. Annual gifts, which are received and spent in the same year, go to work immediately to support the best of UPEI by:
- Attracting more students through expanded programming and increased scholarships.
- Improving student exposure to global education, research and career opportunities.
- Encouraging collaboration, innovation, and partnerships with communities and industries around the world.
- Raising the profiles of UPEI and PEI destinations for study, research and development, and investment.
- Increasing UPEI’s already significant social, cultural, and economic contributions to the province and the region.
UPEI’s fiscal year runs May 1 – April 30
Why is alumni giving so important?
Strong alumni participation in annual giving is a valuable measure of UPEI pride and satisfaction. It can also be a factor in University rankings and in the amount of financial support the university receives from various foundations. UPEI benefits from a great number of alumni and we continue to strive to increase our alumni participation to be the best we can be. Demonstrate your pride and satisfaction today by giving a gift today and making a meaningful difference in the lives of UPEI students.
Ways to Give
- Mail: UPEI Annual Fund, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3
- Telephone: (902) 894-2888 or toll free at 1-866-453-4119
- In Person: 618 University Avenue, Charlottetown
- Gifts of Marketable Securities: Process description and form
By giving an amount each month that’s right for you, you will be contributing in a significant way. Knowing that we can count on your support each month allows us to plan for the future. Many of our most loyal donors give in this way.
If you would like to show your support to UPEI or AVC in a way that allows us to make decisions based on expected funding from our loyal donors, please consider making a multiyear pledge. You may cancel your commitment at any time if your circumstances change.
Matching Gift Companies
Employer matching gift programs enable corporations and their employees to collaborate in their charitable giving. Please ask your employer if they match gifts. Your gift will have double the impact!
You can make your gift to the Annual Fund Campaign in honour or memory of someone. UPEI will send a card to the person that you are honouring with your gift. They’ll feel good and so will you! If you are giving in memory of someone, the family will be notified. Be sure to include the person/family’s contact information when you send your gift. We will also list the person’s name in the tribute section of our Annual Donor Report.
Planned gifts contribute to UPEI in a number of important ways and donors have the option to direct a gift to a specific area of the university or to establish an undesignated gift that will be used for university priorities. Choosing to establish an anonymous legacy is possible, allowing the University to provide funding for new initiatives and the advancement of unexpected opportunities.
Some areas of support may include:
- Scholarships for academic achievement.
- Bursaries for financial need.
- Gifts to Capital Needs (updated labs, physical structures).
- Program Enhancement and Research
- Aid for Student Mobility including travel and co-op programs.