Faculty of Education
Our mission is a commitment to life-long learning in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies to develop critical reflection, compassion, and innovation for educational leaders including teachers, community-based educators, and researchers in a variety of local and global contexts.
In March, the University Senate had to make the difficult decision to postpone the May Convocation ceremonies due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are all disappointed that we are unable to celebrate this milestone in person right now, but we are excited to recognize the Class of 2020 in other ways!
View this message from the Dean of Education and the interim Dean of Graduate Studies to the Class of 2020.
The close rapport between students and professors is often cited as the most valued aspect of a UPEI Education student’s experience.
The University of Prince Edward Island Faculty of Education strives in all its actions to:
- build caring, equitable, and just relationships and practices
- develop communities of creative and critical thinkers who value diversity
- promote environmental responsibility and sustainability
- practice and foster cooperation and collaboration
- enhance self-knowledge, aesthetic appreciation, and personal expression
- model creative and effective teaching and learning practices
- demonstrate commitment to life-long learning and world mindedness
The Faculty of Education realizes that these goals can best be achieved through collaboration with the greater education community.
Due to COVID-19, UPEI "in-person" events have been cancelled or postponed until at least July 31, 2020.
For more information about UPEI's response to the pandemic, visit our COVID-19 information page that features FAQs and messages to the community.