Faculty of Education
Our mission is a commitment to life-long learning in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies to develop critical reflection, compassion, and innovation for educational leaders including teachers, community-based educators, and researchers in a variety of local and global contexts.
The close rapport between students and professors is often cited as the most valued aspect of a UPEI Education student’s experience.
Need more information about the University of Prince Edward Island?
The University of Prince Edward Island Faculty of Education strives in all its actions to:
- build caring, equitable, and just relationships and practices
- develop communities of creative and critical thinkers who value diversity
- promote environmental responsibility and sustainability
- practice and foster cooperation and collaboration
- enhance self-knowledge, aesthetic appreciation, and personal expression
- model creative and effective teaching and learning practices
- demonstrate commitment to life-long learning and world mindedness
The Faculty of Education realizes that these goals can best be achieved through collaboration with the greater education community.