In the weeks leading up to Convocation, UPEI graduates, working with the Grad Class Coordinators, plan a variety of activities in addition to the official University-organized Convocation events.
Please check back often as once more activities are confirmed, they will be added to this page.
UPEI Grad Week 2023
- Kick Off – Tuesday, May 9, 6:00–9:00 pm, W. A. Murphy Student Centre
- After Grad Info Session with Skills PEI – Wednesday, May 10, 10:00 am, online
- Lunch and Learn with Atlantic Student Development Alliance – Wednesday, May 10, 11:30 am–12:30 pm, online
- East Coast Art Party – Wednesday, May 10, 6:00–9:00 pm, Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering Building, Room 128A
- Info After Grad Sessions – hosted by UPEI Alumni Office and International Student Office – Thursday, May 11, 10:00 am–11:30 am,
- Mix and Mingle hosted by UPEI Alumni Association – Thursday, May 11, 5:00 pm–7:00 pm, The Fox & Crow, W. A. Murphy Student Centre
- Grad Pub Night (19+ event) – Thursday, May 11, 10:00 pm–2:00 am, The Fox & Crow, W. A. Murphy Student Centre
- Grad Bowling Night – Friday, May 12, 7:30 pm–11:00 pm, The Alley, 200 Richmond Street, Charlottetown
- Pancake Brunch – Saturday, May 13, 11:00 am–12:30 pm, UPEI Chaplaincy Centre
- Softball Tournament – Saturday, May 13, 1:00 pm, J. F. Macauley Park, 21 Spring Lane, Charlottetown (Rain date Sunday, May 14, 1:00 pm)
- "Fly Your Faith" Interfaith Prayer Service – Monday, May 15, 9:30 am–10:30 am, UPEI Chaplaincy Centre
- Grad Bingo Night – Monday, May 15, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm, McMillan Hall, W. A. Murphy Student Centre
Rehearsal for Graduates – Monday, May 15, 11:00 am
The Convocation Rehearsal for all graduates will be held on Monday, May 15 at 11:00 am in the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre. Rehearsal attendance is highly recommended to ensure that the Convocation ceremonies proceed smoothly. At the rehearsal, there will be a demonstration on "how to wear" academic dress. The rehearsal is approximately 45 minutes.
Senior Class Awards Ceremony – Monday, May 15, 12:00 pm
The Senior Class Awards Ceremony, which is by invitation only to those students receiving awards, will be held Monday, May 15, at 12:00 pm in the Wanda Wyatt Dining Hall.
Assembly and Academic Procession on Convocation Day
On Convocation Day at 9:00 am, graduates will assemble in the concourse area of the Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering building. Graduates will be provided with an index card on which they will write their name. This identification card is carried by the graduate to the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre. Assembly instructions will be provided upon arrival at the designated location. Graduates will be arranged alphabetically with the ushers' help, according to the Convocation program. At approximately 9:45 am, the Academic Procession will begin to move from the assembly point to the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre.
- Tuesday, May 16—Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Faculty of Nursing
- Wednesday, May 17—Faculty of Business and Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
- Thursday, May 18—Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Education, and Faculty of Graduate Studies (Master in Global Affairs only)
- Friday, May 19—Faculty of Science
Each ceremony will take place at 10:00 am.
Reception following Convocation
Immediately following each Convocation ceremony (approximately 12:00 pm), there is a reception in McMillan Hall, W.A. Murphy Student Centre. Graduates, students, staff, faculty, friends, and family are welcome!