Science Graduate Studies Committee
The Faculty of Science Graduate Studies Committee, chaired by the Co-ordinator of Graduate Studies, is responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures for all graduate programs in the Faculty of Science.
Faculty of Science Graduate Studies Committee
- Joel Ross, Co-ordinator - Biology
- Travis Saunders - Applied Human Sciences
- Jennifer Taylor – Applied Human Sciences
- Patrick Murphy - Biology
- Xander Wang – Climate Change and Adaptation
- Marya Ahmed - Chemistry
- Shafiqul Islam - Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Maria Kilfoil - Physics
- TBD - Graduate Student Representative
Mandate of the Graduate Studies Committee
- To establish and review periodically the goals, objectives, and learning outcomes of the graduate studies programs of the Faculty of Science.
- To review all applications from prospective Faculty of Science graduate students and recommend acceptance or rejection.
- To make recommendations to the Dean of Science concerning creation, deletion, or modification of graduate programs and courses in the Faculty of Science.
- To develop and review program and thesis guidelines for graduate programs in the Faculty of Science.
- To review academic records of thesis-based graduate students in the Faculty of Science and recommend to the Dean the award of degree or courses of action for substandard performance (as a complement to the student’s supervisory committee).
- To recommend changes to sections of the UPEI Academic Calendar relevant to graduate programs within the Faculty of Science.
- To review all nominations and renewals of graduate faculty and recommend acceptance, and level of supervisory capacity, or rejection.
- To co-ordinate promotion of graduate programs in the Faculty of Science.