International Entrance Award Cycle
Entrance awards for international students, funded by the University of Prince Edward Island, are granted annually to international students who join UPEI from high schools in Canada or other countries. The award amounts range from $1,000 to $3,000. The following eligibility criteria applies:
- Hold a valid Canadian study permit;
- Demonstrate strong academic performance in high school academic achievement, with converted averages between 90% and 100% (or equivalent GPA), and/or are among the top 5% to 10% of their class rankings;
- Participate in extracurricular activities and experiences, such as volunteering experiences, tutoring initiatives, sports activities, arts talents, and/or other relevant experiences;
- Provide strong recommendations from teachers or instructors who have direct experience with students’ academic activities and performance;
- Exhibit strong English language skills, that have prepared students for rigorous academic explorations;
- Show strong potential for future academic development, leadership, and other areas of contributions to the global society.
Students are considered for the award when their applications are evaluated, and admission letters are sent. Successful recipients will have their UPEI Student Account credited for use as part of their tuition and fees at UPEI. UPEI has a limited amount of entrance awards for international students; therefore, early applications are highly encouraged. The number of awards to be granted depends on the availability of funds and other factors. For any questions on the entrance awards, please contact UPEI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After international students finish their first-year of study at UPEI, defined as a minimum of two terms (Fall and Winter), they may be eligible for UPEI’s Celebrating Student Achievement – Academic Excellence Awards program. Refer to the Celebrating Student Achievement Awards Program webpage for details.
In addition to the entrance and merit-based awards program for students in second, third, and fourth years, other opportunities exist for international students to apply for various scholarships and awards. For more details, refer to our main Scholarships and Awards webpage.