The MBA in Global Leadership is an intensive and cohort-model MBA program that is delivered over 12 months. The curriculum and the offered courses are designed to develop students' skills to enable them to succeed in today's complex and dynamic international business environment.
The program is designed for individuals embarking on a career in international business. Our program prepares students for the challenges of entering new markets, working in other cultures, and navigating diverse business environments.
The UPEI MBA in Global Leadership program delivers on specific learning outcomes. Our graduates will:
- exhibit an ability to take on leadership roles and responsibilities in today’s complex and dynamic business environment,
- demonstrate a strategic and global mindset,
- demonstrate a comprehensive level of knowledge of contemporary business theories,
- demonstrate critical thinking and job-ready skills,
- demonstrate ethical decision-making skills, and
- exhibit effective communication skills in all aspects of business.
Graduates of our program become open-minded effective business leaders, able to identify, analyze, and propose feasible and innovative solutions to business problems across a wide range of functional areas in industries and governments in a global environment.
A. Structure Of The Program
The MBA in Global Leadership program is designed for individuals who wish to complete their MBA degree in 12 months and who are willing and able to immerse themselves in an intensive full-time program.
The program begins with an orientation module (usually offered in late August). The remainder of the program is offered over the next three academic semesters (the Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters for students entering the program in August).
B. Program Requirements
Students enrolled in the MBA in Global Leadership must complete a total of 42 credit hours (14 courses). The components of the degree program include the MBA Skills Orientation Module (0 credit hours), eleven core courses (33 credit hours), and three elective courses (9 credit hours). Students are expected to complete the MBA program in 12 months, and they must complete all required courses within two years of being admitted to the program.
The required courses for the MBA in Global Leadership are as follows:
- Business 6500 - MBA Skills Orientation Module
- Business 6510 - Global Leadership and Ethics
- Business 6520 - Negotiation within and across Cultures
- Business 6530 - Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Business 6540 - Financial Management
- Business 6550 - Management and Organizational Behaviour
- Business 6560 - International Marketing Management
- Business 6570 - International Operations Management
- Business 6580 - Statistics and Business Analytics
- Business 6590 - Project Management
- Business 6600 - Strategy for the Global Organization
- Business 6610 - International Capstone Project
In addition to completing all the required courses, students must complete three of the following *elective courses.
- Business 7510 - Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
- Business 7520 - Disruptive Technologies and Creative Business Thinking
- Business 7530 - Global Banking and Capital Markets
- Business 7540 - Global Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
- Business 7550 - Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Global Business Environment
- Business 7560 - International Trade and Finance
- Business 7570 - Managing People and Teams in a Global Context
- Business 7580 - The Future of Marketing
- Business 7590 - The Impact of Climate Change on Business
- Business 7950 - Special Topics in Business
- Business 7960 - Directed Studies in International Business
*Not all elective courses will be offered each year.
Applicants for admission to the MBA in Global Leadership program must have demonstrated the potential to learn and succeed within a demanding integrated program. The basic requirements and qualifications are as follows:
- University Degree: Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree from an institution recognized by UPEI.
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- GMAT/GRE Test Score. Please note that the requirement for a GMAT/GRE score may be waived for students with an exceptional academic record in their undergraduate degree.
Please refer to the UPEI Academic Calendar for complete admissions information.
Students are expected to be proficient in the use of English, both written and oral, when they begin their studies at the University of Prince Edward Island. Please review the English Language Requirements for graduate programs.
Master of Business - $20,000 per 1 Year Program
International students pay $10,000 per year in addition to full-time student tuition.
For a complete breakdown of part-time or full-time study as a student in the Faculty of Business, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
UPEI has about 250 faculty members—exceptional scholars, teachers, and mentors, with more being hired each year as we open new, progressive, and unique programs. But the story isn’t just in the numbers. It’s in the quality of our people. Award-winning faculty from around the globe have made UPEI home. Here, you’ll learn directly from these world-class professors and researchers in small classes where you’ll have easy access to them.