Applying and Auditioning
Prospective music students must meet both a) the general University admission requirements for UPEI, and b) the following departmental requirements:
- Each student seeking admission to the BMus or BMusEd program must audition on an instrument or voice, showing proficiency in performance, technique and sight-reading.
- Students seeking admission to any Music program must take diagnostic theory and ear assessments.
To apply for any of the music programs at UPEI, follow the application instructions at upei.ca/apply.
The recommended deadline for application is February 1. All documentation must be complete by August 15 (February 15 for scholarship candidates.) Students are welcome to include a resumé with their application package, if they desire.
- February 1, 2023 – Recommended deadline for applications
- February 15, 2023 – Deadline for full application documentation (for scholarship consideration)
- March 11, 2023 – Audition day (for scholarship consideration)
- March 18, 2023 – Audition day (for scholarship consideration)
- April 8, 2023 – Applicants to be informed of audition results
- Late auditions available June to early September, 2023 – contact email@example.com to arrange a late audition
The schedule for the various components of the Audition Procedures will be forwarded approximately two weeks in advance of the actual audition date. Be sure that you are familiar with the audition requirements and procedures, and that you are prepared to write the theory and aural skills assessments. NOTE: Applicants for the BA (Music) Program are not required to perform an audition unless they wish to take Applied Music as an elective.
Travelling to UPEI
Detailed information on travelling to PEI is available on the official website of the Government of Prince Edward Island. The University of Prince Edward Island is located at 550 University Avenue in Charlottetown. For more details, explore the interactive street map.
Marlee Saulnier, Department of Music