UPEI Music Department Recital Series 2019—2020
Welcome to the UPEI Department of Music's 2019—2020 concert season! This year, the UPEI Music Department Concert Series offers a variety of interesting collaborations and solo performances:
- “Historias y Danzas” Karem J. Simon, clarinet; Magdalena von Eccher, piano
- “Friends On Strings, featuring Beethoven’s Glorious Op. 96” LA Philharmonic Concertmaster, Martin Chalifour, violin; Sarah Hagen, piano
- Shake, Rattle, Bow featuring Encore Debut Atlantic artists Beverley Johnston, percussion; Mark Djokic, violin
- Showcase Recital at the Three Oaks High School Black Box Theatre, Summerside featuring UPEI Music Majors in Performance
- “Into the Silent Land” UPEI Wind Symphony at The Confederation Centre of the Arts. Directed by Karem J. Simon
- UPEI Choral Concert featuring UPEI Choral Groups, Voice Majors, and Guests Directed by Sung Ha Shin-Bouey
- "Alumni Vocal Recital" featuring Jillian Clow, mezzo soprano; Parker Clements, baritone; Magdalena von Eccher, piano
- Dr. Frances Gray Performance Competition
- Showcase Recital at the Colonel Grey High School Lecture Theatre, Charlottetown featuring UPEI Music Majors in Performance
- “Spotlight on New Faculty” Dale Sorensen, trombone; Magdalena von Eccher, piano
- “Magic Flute : The Opera” UPEI Music Students in performance of Mozart’s Magic Flute
- “Contemporary Works for Wind Band” UPEI Wind Symphony at The Confederation Centre of the Arts. Directed by Karem J. Simon
- UPEI Choral Concert, featuring UPEI Choral Groups, Voice Majors, and Guests Directed by Sung Ha Shin-Bouey
For a complete list of all the performances this season with dates, times, and ticket prices, please sure to review our Recital Series 2019-2020 brochure.
Unless otherwise indicated, all performances take place in the Dr. Steel Recital Hall in the Steel Building on the UPEI campus. Barrier–free parking is available adjacent to the Steel Building via the driveway in front of the Regis and Joan Duffy Research Centre. Regular parking may be found in Lot C. All campus parking is free after 5:00 pm. For those who cannot use stairs, the Recital Hall is accessible by elevator from the main entrance to the Steel Building (middle door of three).
Student Recital Series
Music Department Afternoon Recital Series
The UPEI Music department is pleased to present UPEI Music majors in performance every Friday at 12:40 pm.
Afternoon Recital series begins Friday, January 31, 2020 at 12:40 PM and continues every Friday until Friday, March 27, 2020 with the exception of February 14 and 21. Recitals take place in the Steel Recital Hall. Admission is free!