Research Services Forms
All research related forms are submitted through the UPEI Romeo Researcher Portal. This online portal will improve processing associated with the submission, review and approval of research-related grants, contracts, and certification forms. It will also provide researchers with online, password protected access to all their research-related funding and certification files in the database.
A brief video overview of the tool can be found using the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jb1RfyDF4M
Using the UPEI Researcher Portal facilitates access pertaining to research data and relevant documents/forms. Specifically, the portal provides benefits that permit
- all faculty researchers and staff online access to all their current research related certification and funding files; and
- access to all Research Services *application forms, including UPEI internal forms associated with research related funding and certification applications. This way, researchers can easily access, complete, and submit the appropriate form/s within the site.
- electronic approvals for new applications.
The following links provide step by step instructions for a number of processes in the Researcher Portal:
- How to log into the UPEI Researcher Portal
- How to complete and submit application* forms
- How to complete and submit event** forms - (rev. December 2020)
- Instructions for Department Chairs and Faculty Deans for the review and approval of documents
- UPEI Researcher Portal Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
*Application forms include forms that are used to create an originating Romeo file. For example: a new certification file or documentation associated with a new funding application.
**Event forms are designed to capture data subsequent to an original application. For example: renewals of already approved certification protocols; funding agreement/s, contracts etc. that are received after the original application has been approved.
The following forms are currently available within the UPEI Researcher Portal:
UPEI Administrative Forms
- Research Funding Administrative Approvals Form for CONTRACTS (rev. December 2020)
- Research GRANTS Approvals Form (rev. January 2022)
- Request to Open a Term Research Account
- Non-funded Agreement Approval Form
- Research Account Modification Form (rev. January 2022)
- Request for Release of Funds Agreement
- Confidentiality/Non-disclosure Agreement
- Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
- Fee for Service Agreement
- Agreement Approval Request Forms - Type One (rev. January 2022)
- Funding Approvals form: Subsequent to CDA, NDA, MOU, MTA (rev. January 2022)
- - NEW - Mitacs Agreement Approval
Animal Care Forms
- AUP Research Form (rev. December 2020)
- AUP Teaching Form (rev. December 2020)
- AUP Service Form (rev. December 2020)
- AUP Secondary Data Protocol
- - NEW - Animal Transfer Form
- Research Renewal (rev. December 2020)
- Research Major Amendment (rev. December 2020)
- Research Minor Amendment (rev. December 2020)
- Teaching Renewal (rev. December 2020)
- Teaching Major Amendment (rev. December 2020)
- Teaching Minor Amendment (rev. December 2020)
- Service Renewal (rev. December 2020)
- Service Major Amendment (rev. December 2020)
- Service Minor Amendment (rev. December 2020)
- AUP Research - Secondary Data Renewal
- Animal Offspring Reporting Form
- Morbidity – Mortality – Incident Report Form
- Application for Biosafety Permit (rev. December 2020)
- Biosafety Amendment/Renewal Form
- Biosafety Amendment Form
- Biosafety Temporary Transfer Request
Human Ethics Forms (REB)
- Research Ethics Board protocol submission form
- REB Final Report Form
- REB Amendment Application
- REB Renewal with/without Amendment Forms
RESEARCHER PORTAL TRAINING
If you would like a one-on-one training session on using the Researcher Portal then please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Research Services team is available to help make this transition go as smoothly as possible. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com and a team member will be happy to assist you.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER RESEARCH RELATED FORMS THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN RESEARCHER PORTAL
Please note that most of the Internal Funding forms, including the ‘Research Travel Funding’ form and the ‘Transfer of Funds/New Faculty Start-Up Form’ are not available within the Researcher Portal.
You can obtain a copy of the Research Travel Funding Form and the Transfer of Funds/New Faculty Start-up Form by clicking on the form names. These forms will not be processed through the Researcher Portal. You must obtain the appropriate signatures and then forward to Office of Research services for processing.
Other UPEI internal research funding information and forms, such as the SSHRC guidelines and application forms, Faculty Research Travel Funding Program Guidelines and Form, Research Conference and Workshop Support, etc., may be added to the Researcher Portal at a later date. Please contact Research Services if you require immediate access to these forms.
The Research Staff Approval Form is available on MyUPEI.
If you do not see the research-related form that you are looking for in the above information then please check with Research Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-620-5104.