Research Services Forms

Welcome to the Research Services forms page. 

The Office of Research Services has been working to develop an online interface through our database system, Romeo Researcher Portal, which will be launched Monday, June 1. The online portal will improve processing associated with the submission, review and approval of research-related grants, contracts, and certification forms. It will also provide researchers with online, password protected access to all their research-related funding and certification files in the database. 

As of June 1, all research related forms will be located within the UPEI Researcher Portal and must be submitted through the Researcher Portal. Earlier versions of these forms will not be accepted.  

The Research Services and Synapse forms you are familiar with are now available within the new Researcher Portal database. The UPEI Researcher Portal can be accessed at 

As of June 1:

  • all faculty researchers and staff will have full, online access to all their research related certification and funding files; and
  • all Research Services application forms, including UPEI internal forms associated with research related funding and certification applications, will be housed in the new system so researchers can easily access, complete, and submit the appropriate form/s within this password protected site. Please note that submissions will not be accepted using any other format.  

The new online process and system will be paired with electronic approvals to replace the hard-copy signatures process.

The following links provide step by step instructions for a number of processes in the Researcher Portal: 

  1. How to log into the UPEI Researcher Portal
  2. How to complete and submit application* forms
  3. How to complete and submit event** forms
  4. Instructions for Department Chairs and Faculty Deans for the review and approval of documents

*Application forms include forms that are used to create an originating Romeo file. For example: a new certification file or documentation associated with a new funding application. 

**Event forms are designed to capture data subsequent to an original application. For example: renewals of already approved certification protocols; funding agreement/s, contracts etc. that are received after the original application has been approved. 

The following forms are currently available within the UPEI Researcher Portal: 

UPEI Administrative Forms

Application Forms:

  • Research Funding Administrative Approvals Form for GRANTS (includes attachment for Direct and Indirect Project Costs form)
  • Research Funding Administrative Approvals Form for CONTRACTS (includes attachments for Direct and Indirect Project Costs form as well as Agreement Approval Request Form)
  • Request to Create a Term Research Account

Event Forms:

  • Research Account Modification Form
  • Request for Release of Funds Agreement
  • Confidentiality/Non-disclosure Agreement 
  • Material Transfer Agreement 
  • Fee For Service Agreement
  • Agreement Approval Request Forms (Type One and Type Two) 

Animal Care Forms

Application forms:

  • AUP New Form – Research
  • AUP New Form – Teaching
  • AUP New Form – Service
  • AUP Secondary Data Protocol – New Form – Research

Event forms:

  • AUP – Renewal Forms – Research, Teaching and Service
  • AUP – Major Amendment Forms – Research, Teaching and Service
  • AUP – Minor Amendment Forms – Research, Teaching and Service
  • Secondary Data Protocol – Renewal Form
  • Animal Transfer Form
  • Animal Offspring Reporting Form
  • Morbidity – Mortality – Incident Report Form

Biosafety Forms

Application Forms:

  • Application for Biosafety Permit
  • Biosafety Resume for Authorized Personnel

Event Forms:

  • Biosafety Amendment/Renewal Form
  • Biosafety Amendment Form
  • Biosafety Temporary Transfer Request

Human Ethics Forms (REB)

Application Form:
•    Ethics Submission Form for Research Involving Human Participants

Event Forms:

  • REB Final Report Form
  • REB Amendment Application
  • REB Renewal with/without Amendment Forms

If you would like a one-on-one training session on using the Researcher Portal then please send an email request to

The Research Services team is available to help make this transition go as smoothly as possible. If you have questions, please contact and a team member will be happy to assist you.


Please note that most of the Internal Funding forms, including the ‘Research Travel Funding’ form and the ‘Transfer of Funds/New Faculty Start-Up Form’ are not available within the Researcher Portal. 

You can obtain a copy of the Research Travel Funding Form and the Transfer of Funds/New Faculty Start-up Form by clicking on the form names. These forms will not be processed through the Researcher Portal. You must obtain the appropriate signatures and then forward to Office of Research services for processing. 

Other UPEI internal research funding information and forms, such as the SSHRC guidelines and application forms, Faculty Research Travel Funding Program Guidelines and Form, Research Conference and Workshop Support, etc., may be added to the Researcher Portal at a later date. Please contact Research Services if you require immediate access to these forms. 

The Research Staff Approval Form is available on MyUPEI

Click on the AVC – Biomedical Equipment Information Form and the Equipment Purchase Information Form to download a copy of these forms. 

If you do not see the research-related form that you are looking for in the above information then please check with Research Services at or 902-620-5104.