DEADLINE for submission of applications is the first Friday of the month. Applications which miss the deadline will be reviewed the following month.
All ACC protocol submissions must be made through Researcher Portal. Instructions on accessing Researcher Portal can be found on the Research Services Forms page.
Animal Care Committee
- UPEI ACC Policy
- UPEI ACC Terms of Reference (updated June 1, 2022)
- CCAC Guidelines (updated March 2017)
- CCAC Categories of Invasiveness
- UPEI-AVC Guidelines for CI and Rest Periods for Teaching Animals (replaced by Code of Practice ACC-CP-17 Guidelines for CI and Rest Periods for Teaching Animals)
- CCAC Three R's Microsite
- Campus Animal Event Form - Special Groups
Scientific Merit Review Committee
Codes of Practice and Standard Operating Procedures
All UPEI ACC Codes of Practices and SOPs can be accessed through myUPEI. Select Codes of Practice and SOPs are available below.
Codes of Practice
- ACC-CP-06 Codes of Practice - Laboratory Animal Allergy
- ACC-CP-08 Codes of Practice - Zoonotic Disease in UPEI Animal Facilities
- ACC-CP-09 Codes of Practice - Record Keeping in UPEI Animal Facilities
- ACC-CP-12 Codes of Practice - Animal Based Projects Involving Two or More Institutions
- ACC-CP-16 Codes of Practice - Post Approval Monitoring Program (June 2021)
- ACC-CP-17 Codes of Practice - Guidelines for CI and Rest Periods for Teaching Animals
Standard Operating Procedures