Conference Schedule (printable .pdf)
Friday, March 13, 2020
Registration, Opening Ceremony and Keynote
4:00–6:00 pm - (MCDH 248) - Registration and Tradeshow Exhibit
4:30–6:00 pm - (MCDH 243) - Pre-Conference Workshop: Dr. Shannan Grant PDt, MSc, PhD and Chelsey Purdy BSc-IEP Candidate "With two eyes and hearts open: Using person-focused science education to inspire creativity, co-learning and reconciliation"
6:00–7:00 pm - (MCDH 248) - Reception and Tradeshow Exhibit
7:00–7:30 pm - (MCDH 242) - Opening Ceremony - Orientation and Welcome
7:30–8:30 pm - (MCDH 242) - Keynote Presentation: Dr. Susan Whiting, PhD "Dietary inadequacies in Canada: Implications for dietary guidance"
Saturday March 14, 2020
Full Conference Day
7:30–8:00 am - (MCDH 248) - Registration
8:00–9:00 am - (MCDH 248) - Learning Breakfast: Dr. Marc Surette, PhD "Development of a sustainable and effective source of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids"
9:00–9:30 am - (MCDH 243) - Opening Remarks and Land Acknowledgement
9:30–10:30 am - (MCDH 243) - Session A: Nutrition (Oral Presentations)
- Faculty Facilitator: Dr. Sarah Finch
- Student Presenter 1: Jelisa Gallant
- Student Presenter 2: Julia Heckbert
- Student Presenter 3: Suraweera Arachchilage Tharindu Lakshan
- Student Presenter 4: Kate Braddon
10:30–11:00 am - (MCDH 248) - Nutrition Break and Tradeshow Exhibit
11:00–12:00 pm - (MCDH 329) - Student Poster Presentations
12:00–1:00 pm - (MCDH MacEachern Street) - Lunch and Tradeshow Exhibit
1:00–2:00 pm - (MCDH 243) - Session B: Foods (Oral Presentations)
- Faculty Facilitator: Dr. Jennifer Taylor
- Student Presenter 5: Madélie Giguère Johnson
- Student Presenter 6: Minmin Wei
- Student Presenter 7: Madalyn Higgins
- Student Presenter 8: Niluni M. Wijesundara
2:00–2:15 pm - (MCDH 248) - Nutrition Break
2:15–3:45 pm - (MCDH 248) - Food Security Workshop: Dr. Patty Williams, PhD "Exploring determinants and solutions to food insecurity through play: The hand you’re dealt"
3:45–5:00 pm - (MCDH 248) - Closing Awards Ceremony and Reception