University Award for Support of Student Success
The University Award for Support of Student Success is presented to a UPEI employee who has made significant contributions to higher education by supporting student success.
All staff members who have served a minimum of three (3) years of continuous service prior to nomination are eligible for these awards. A person may be nominated in multiple years. Persons who have received this award within the previous five years are not eligible.
The University Awards Committee will review nominations and recommend recipient(s) to the President.
Nominated candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to supporting student success at the University of Prince Edward Island. Among the factors to be considered by the Committee will be: evidence of demonstrated commitment (beyond the scope of one's job) to assist students to achieve their goals by enhancing a positive student experience at UPEI; and/or a commitment to lifelong learning and/or encouraging in others the desire to learn and/or volunteer.
- The deadline for nominations is the last Friday in February in each year.
- Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, students, or a combination thereof.
- Nominations must be supported by two nominators. At least one nominator must be a member of the faculty or staff of UPEI.
- Nominations must include a dated statement of no more than two (2) pages proposing the nomination, describing and justifying the achievements in the category for which the application is being made. Nominations must provide specific examples to support the nomination.
- Nominations are to be submitted in confidence to email@example.com.