University Award for Exemplary Service
The University Award for Exemplary Service will be presented to a UPEI employee who has demonstrated outstanding service and/or who has made significant contributions to the University community beyond that normally expected of their position. This award has two categories: i) staff; and ii) faculty members.
All staff who have served a minimum of three (3) years of continuous service prior to nomination are eligible for this award under the staff category.
For the faculty category, all faculty members (tenured and tenure track), permanent and probationary librarians, clinical veterinary professionals, and clinical nursing instructors who have served a minimum of three (3) years of continuous service prior to nomination are eligible. Term faculty members who have been with the University for a minimum of three (3) years on contracts of (8) months or greater prior to nomination and term librarians who have served a minimum of three (3) years prior to nomination are eligible. Sessional instructors who have taught at the University over a minimum period of three (3) of the last five (5) years prior to nomination are also eligible.
A person may be nominated in multiple years. Persons who have received this award within the previous five years are not eligible.
The University Awards Committee will review nominations and recommend recipient(s) to the President.
Nominated candidates will have demonstrated outstanding service to the University community. Among the factors to be considered by the Committee will be: consistent, long-term, outstanding service to the UPEI community; and, evidence of successful efforts to improve the university experience for students, employees, and visitors to UPEI.
- The deadline for nominations is the last Friday in February in each year.
- Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, students, or a combination thereof.
- Nominations must be supported by two nominators. At least one nominator must be a member of the faculty or staff of UPEI.
- Nominations must include a dated statement of no more than two (2) pages proposing the nomination, describing and justifying the achievements in the category for which the application is being made. Nominations must provide specific examples to support the nomination.
- Nominations are to be submitted in confidence to email@example.com.