University Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Supervision
The University Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Supervision recognizes and encourages excellence in the supervision, mentorship and support of graduate students.
All faculty members (tenured and tenure track), permanent and probationary librarians, clinical veterinary professionals and clinical nursing instructors who have served a minimum of three (3) years of continuous service prior to nomination are eligible for these awards. Term faculty members who have been with the University for a minimum of three (3) years on contracts of (8) months or greater prior to nomination and term librarians who have served a minimum of three (3) years prior to nomination are eligible. Sessional instructors who have taught at the University over a minimum period of three (3) of the last five (5) years prior to nomination are also eligible. A person may be nominated in multiple years. Persons who have received this award within the previous five years are not eligible.
The University Awards Committee will review nominations and recommend recipient(s) to the President.
Nominated candidates will have demonstrated outstanding contributions to the learning experience of graduate students at UPEI. Among the factors to be considered by the Committee will be: mentoring, advising and helping graduate students to secure research funding, scholarships and awards; engaging graduate students in meaningful research opportunities; guiding graduate students through to the timely completion of their degree; and preparing them for a successful career.
- The deadline for nominations is the last Friday in February in each year.
- Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, students, or a combination thereof.
- Nominations must be supported by two nominators. At least one nominator must be a member of the faculty or staff of UPEI.
- Nominations must include a dated statement of no more than two (2) pages proposing the nomination, describing and justifying the achievements in the category for which the application is being made. Nominations must provide specific examples to support the nomination.
- Nominations are to be submitted in confidence to email@example.com.