The Contracts and Insurance Office (“C&I Office”) can assist with various insurance-related matters, including the following:

  1. Advising employees regarding the University’s commercial insurance coverage and deductibles (excluding student and employee health, dental and travel insurance)

  2. Issuance of certificates of insurance

  3. Reviewing certificates of insurance submitted by contractors and other external parties

  4. Organizing insurance claims for the various commercial insurance policies

  5. Reviewing request for waivers and informed consents

Commercial Insurance Coverage

The University carries various types of insurance including property, commercial general liability, errors and omissions, automobile, and machinery breakdown. If you have any coverage questions please reach out to the C&I Office. 

  • Employees - If you have questions related to insurance provided under employment benefits, including health and dental insurance, please contact Human Resources.

  • Students – If you have questions related to health and dental insurance, please contact the UPEI Student Union.