The Frank H. Sobey Award
The application process for the Frank H. Sobey Award has changed this year and is now online. The application and all information can be found at FrankHSobeyAwards.com.
To be eligible for the Frank H. Sobey Awards for Excellence in Business Studies you must have completed at least one year of undergraduate business studies at an Atlantic Provinces university and be enrolled in full-time business studies at an Atlantic Provinces university for the 2018-2019 academic year. The academic qualification for these awards is a minimum overall average of 85 or 3.67 grade points with no individual course mark below 80 or A- in your most recent year of full-time business studies at an Atlantic Provinces university.
Although the primary qualification is academic excellence, the Fund will also take into appropriate account information provided concerning extracurricular and community activities, entrepreneurial interest, employment history and career aspirations. Incomplete applications will not be processed; please ensure you include the required information.
Along with your application you must include:
- Three letters of personal reference, sent directly by your referees to the Dean of the faculty in which you are enrolled for full-time studies in 2018-2019. These references will be forwarded by your Dean to the Fund. At least one referee should be a professor under whom you have competed a university course or courses in business studies. At least one other referee should be from outside the academic community, and other than a member of your immediate family or a close relative.
- A recent head and shoulders photograph of yourself suitable for possible publication.
- Forward an official transcript directly from each university listed on your application to the Dean of the faculty in which you are studying in 2018-2019
- Applications must be submitted to the Dean of your faculty by November 14, 2018, and by the Dean to the Fund by November 24. No exceptions will be made to these deadlines.
- Awards will be announced by December 19, 2018.