The Accessibility Services Program defines a disability as a functional limitation caused by a long term or recurring physical, sensory, mental, psychiatric or learning impairment that restricts the ability of a person to perform the daily activities necessary to participate in learning or daily living at UPEI.
Disabilities can include:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (includes Asperger Syndrome)
- Chronic Illness
- Hearing Loss or Impairment
- Learning Disability (includes dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia and nonverbal learning disability)
- Mental Health Disorder (includes Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Depression)
- Physical Impairment
- Mobility Impairment
- Speech Impairment
- Visual Impairment
If you are struggling with your learning or want more information, please contact Accessibility Services at (902) 566-0668 or email email@example.com.