Assistive technologies are designed to:
- reduce or remove barriers to help you achieve your academic and personal goals
- provide equitable access to information and support
- assist or refine your academic performance
Check out some available software and applications:
- Audio note-taking options
- Built-in accessibility features
- Scanning application options
- Speech-to-text options
- Text-to-speech options
- A free online version of Grammarly is available to all UPEI students.
We provide training on, and access to, some forms of assistive technology for all students. Please contact the Adaptive Technologist, Lori Silvaggio Cummings at email@example.com for details.
Financial assistance may be available to purchase Assistive Technology (see Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities).