Degree and Parchment Reprint Policy
At the time of graduation the University of Prince Edward Island provides each graduating student with one official parchment; while duplicates are not permitted, reprints are available if one of the following conditions is met:
- Damaged parchment - In the case of a damaged parchment, the original parchment must be returned to the Registrar's Office at the time of the reprint order.
- Name change – The original parchment must be returned to the Registrar's Office at the time of the reprint order, as well as an official name change with supporting documents must be submitted either prior to or at the time of the reprint order.
- Lost or misplaced - If unable to provide the original parchment, an affidavit from a lawyer, commissioner of oaths or a notary public, with their official stamp or seal, is required at the time of the reprint order and must contain the following information:
- What happened to the original parchment (e.g., lost, stolen)
- Graduate’s full name and date of birth (provide former name if different at the time of graduation)
- Graduate’s current mailing address
- Credential(s) awarded and the year graduated
Parchment reprint orders must be requested by the graduate and are subject to a $30 fee (plus courier charge if being mailed) due when placing the order. Replacement parchments will bear the signatures of the current President, Registrar, and Dean, as well as a "Degree Reprint" notation in the bottom left corner with the date of reprint.