Wireless Network Service
Our campus is pleased to offer eduroam as our secure wi-fi service for staff, faculty, students, and visitors.
Please choose one of the options below to connect to eduroam:
If you already have a UPEI account (i.e., username@ upei.ca)
- Download our eduroam installer
- Follow the instructions to connect to eduroam
- If you do not have a data plan please use our “UPEI_Wifi_Setup” network to get started. You’ll find it under the list of available WiFi networks on your device.
- On some devices, you may have to open a browser and search for "cat.eduroam.org" to find the installer.
- On some iPhone devices, you may have to turn OFF "Low Data Mode" or "Low Power Mode".
- Some Android devices require an app to be installed. For devices without a data plan, please use the "as local download" to download the app:
- eduroam minimum versions supported:
- Windows 10
- macOS - 10.13.7 or newer
- iPhone - 5s or newer
- iPad - 12.5.4 or newer
- Android - 4.3 - 11
- Linux - kernel 2.6 or newer
If you are a visitor without a UPEI account
- Contact one of our Wi-Fi help centres (see list below) or your sponsoring faculty/department to receive your temporary credentials.
- Note that if your institution already supports eduroam you can use your existing credentials to connect to our eduroam service.
UPEI Wi-Fi help centres
ITSS service desk
Robertson Library service desk
eduroam (EDUcation ROAMing) is a wireless network service that allows students, staff, and faculty to securely access the Internet while visiting other member sites. Users provide credentials (e.g. username and password) from their home institution and they are granted access. For UPEI users, your username is in the form of username@ upei.ca along with your password. All faculty, staff, and students of UPEI can use the eduroam network at all institutions that support eduroam.
Acceptable use of the eduroam network is determined and governed by the hosting university. Your access to UPEI's eduroam service is governed by our Acceptable Use Policy for University Computer Resources.