UPEI's Financial Aid Office is here to assist you in finding the best way for you to finance your education. Here are some of the programs we can help you access.
PEI Provincial Bursaries
George Coles Awards: Full-time PEI residents working towards their first undergraduate degree, may receive up to $2,200 per year, based on their year of study. Register full time in first and second semester each year to be automatically reviewed by the province, with funding coming in the Winter semester ever year. First-year funding is for first-time-entry post-secondary students, and social insurance numbers must be on file with Registrar's Office. if not approved in the first round, students can appeal for the annual award level until August 31 each year.
Island Advantage Bursary: Starting in academic year 2018/2019, a new needs-based provincial bursary program for low to middle income PEI students will be available, supplementing federal grants and George Coles. Students must apply for a PEI student loan in order to be considered for this bursary program, with any eligible funding disbursed to student accounts in fall and/or winter.
PEI and Canada Student loan and Grant Programs for full-time and part-time Canadian students
For information and how to apply:
US Government Loans
- Direct Loan Program for DVM Students
- Direct Loan Program for Undergraduate Students
- Stafford Loans Program
- Plus Loan Program
- Types of Loans
- Non-government Loan Programs
- Helpful Links for US Student Loan Borrowers
- USDL Consumer Information Disclosure
- Admission Policy
- Mature Student information (undergraduate admissions page)
- Programs or Courses Ineligible for Title IV Aid
- Entrance and Exit Counselling Policy
- Maintaining Eligibility Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Study Abroad and Exchange Policy for USDL Students
- Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) Policy
- Student Loan Default Prevention and Management
Canada Student Loan Repayment Assistance Plan - please visit www.canlearn.ca
Prince Edward Island Debt Reduction Grant
To determine if you are eligible for this grant:
Prince Edward Island Debt Reduction Grant.
Emergency Loan Program - please view Emergency Loan Policy