- Step 1: Contact your bank to ensure you are set up for online/telephone banking if you are not currently using the service (UPEI does not accept payments from the National Bank)
- Step 2: Add "University of PEI" as a payee on your payment profile (note: we recommend typing "University" in the search box and choosing from the list that appears)
- Step 3: Use your Student ID Number with an S (for student) in front of it as your account number (this is an alpha-numeric ID with the S followed by 4 - 6 characters; ex. S123456). Please drop the leading 0 if your ID number provided is 7 characters.
- Step 4: Enter the amount to be paid and the date on which you would like to pay
- Step 5: Complete the transaction as if you are paying a utility bill
International Students: Instant pay the easy way.
- International students can pay tuition and other fees through the UPEI website by using Western Union.
- Click on the link below to find out how to make a transfer from your bank account directly to UPEI.
- You can choose from multiple languages.
- Western Union is for international transactions only.
- Currencies are accepted based on international banking regulations.
Easy and secure
- Payments are direct and fast.
- You will know exactly how much you're paying in your home currency.
- There are no unexpected exchange fees.
- We will email your receipt as soon as your transaction is complete.
Cheque/Money Order/Bank Draft/Credit Card Cheques
Please make all payments payable to “University of PEI”. You must include student name and student number with your payment.
To send payment through regular mail please use the following address:
University of Prince Edward Island
c/o Registrar's Office and Student Accounts
550 University Avenue
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3
To make payment in person during working hours:
Dalton Hall, Room 202
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Higher Ed Points
HigherEdPoints enables students studying in Canada to redeem points or miles from their Loyalty Program and turn them into funds to pay for their university or college fees. As of today, Aeroplan Miles can be converted into payments for higher education through Higher Ed Points which can be used to pay for tuition, residence fees and meal plans.
We do not accept credit cards for Tuition, Student Fees or Residence Fees. Credit cards can be used for the payment of Application Fees and Tuition Deposits. We accept VISA, MasterCard and Amex. Tuition Deposits can be paid by credit card online, via MyUPEI, and please note that VISA debit or MasterCard debit cards are not accepted as an online credit card payment option.