- Step 1: Contact your bank to ensure you are set up for online/telephone banking if you are not currently using the service (UPEI does not accept payments from the National Bank)
- Step 2: Add "University of PEI" as a payee on your payment profile (note: we recommend typing "University" in the search box and choosing from the list that appears)
- Step 3: Use your Student ID Number with an S (for student) in front of it as your account number (this is an alpha-numeric ID with the S followed by 4 - 6 characters; ex. S123456). Please drop the leading 0 if your ID number provided is 7 characters.
- Step 4: Enter the amount to be paid and the date on which you would like to pay
- Step 5: Complete the transaction as if you are paying a utility bill
The most efficient payment process for an international student to pay their student fees from outside of Canada is through Western Unions’ GlobalPay for Students. This option allows you to pay your student fees in the currency of your choice. Note: This is not a payment through Western Union Agent locations (except in the case of some payments from India). You will simply be paying a Western Union Bank account, and then Western Union transfers the funds to University of Prince Edward Island in Canadian dollars.
Benefits of using GlobalPay for Students:
- You make payment in the currency of your choice. This amount is then converted to Canadian dollars.
- The exchange rate quote is locked in for 72hrs.
- There are no transaction fees charged by WU or UPEI, although you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
- Easy, step by step instruction to guide you through your payment. Click here for more information.
- You should allow two to five business days from the time your bank initiates payment, for the funds to reach your UPEI account.
- Any payments on account through GlobalPay will be refunded back to the same account if refunds are required.
Students can pay tuition using a credit card through the myUPEI student portal. Tuition credit card payments must be made online and will be subject to a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.5% with a minimum $3.00 charged to your card by PayPath. Credit cards accepted for tuition include MasterCard and VISA.
UPEI will continue to accept VISA, MasterCard, and Amex for payment of Application fees and Deposits.
Refer to our Frequently Asked Questions related to credit card payments for more information.
Cheque/Money Order/Bank Draft/Credit Card Cheques
Please make all payments payable to “University of PEI”. You must include student name and student number with your payment.
To send payment through regular mail please use the following address:
University of Prince Edward Island
c/o Registrar's Office and Student Accounts
550 University Avenue
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3
To make payment in person during working hours:
Dalton Hall, Room 202
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Higher Ed Points
HigherEdPoints enables students studying in Canada to redeem points or miles from their Loyalty Program and turn them into funds to pay for their university or college fees. As of today, Aeroplan Miles can be converted into payments for higher education through Higher Ed Points which can be used to pay for tuition, residence fees and meal plans.