Homestay is a great accommodation option for international and domestic students who prefer a “family-like” living arrangement. We have a wide variety of host families registered in our program who love meeting people from around the world and sharing our beautiful island with them.
How to apply:
- Read the frequently asked questions (FAQs) below and the UPEI Homestay Student Booklet.
- Email the Homestay Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know you wish to apply for Homestay. You will be sent the Homestay Student Application and the Homestay Student Agreement.
- Read and sign the UPEI Student Homestay Agreement. Fill out our Homestay Application form. We use this information to try to match you with a host family who best fits your preferences, personality, and lifestyle. Email your signed Agreement and complete application to the Homestay Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Please apply for Homestay at least four (4) weeks before your arrival date. Late applications will be accepted, but there is a late application fee and UPEI cannot guarantee that a Homestay placement will be found.
- Please ensure you have paid all Homestay fees prior to your arrival in Canada and have secured a host family through the homestay coordinator.
- Upon arrival at UPEI, you must meet with the Homestay Coordinator to review the terms of the Homestay agreement.
How to apply:
- Read the UPEI Homestay Host Booklet.
- Email the Homestay Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know you wish to apply to become a Homestay Host. You will be sent the Homestay Host Application and the Homestay Host Agreement.
- Sign the Homestay Host Agreement and fill out the Homestay Host Application form. We use this information to try to match you with a student who best fits your household and lifestyle. Email your signed agreement and complete application to email@example.com.
- If your application is approved, the Homestay Coordinator will arrange for a home visit. The purpose of a home visit is to discuss the program in more detail, complete the required paperwork, and to ensure that the home and student bedroom meet the requirements of UPEI's Homestay program.
- Complete a criminal record check: Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check (RCMP website).
- After your application process is complete, the Homestay Coordinator will add you to our list of registered host families and will contact you when a potential student match becomes available.