Wind Symphony Reunion
Unfortunately, the unanticipated fourth wave of the pandemic and the complications it imposes makes moving forward with this event impractical.
Accordingly, this year's reunion is cancelled. Perhaps, we may be able to move forward with this event next year.
UPEI Wind Symphony Reunion December 27–29, 2021
The UPEI Music Department invites all of its alumni to gather to reconnect, rehearse, and perform. With fifty-two years of UPEI history and twenty-six years of our Wind Symphony – formerly known as Concert Band – we hope that all available music alumni, in addition to other long serving members, will take advantage of this opportunity for fellowship and music making.
A tentative outline of the event, under the leadership of Dr. Simon, appears below and will be finalized in due course. Alumni will need to confirm their intention to participate by October 1, 2021. At that time – assuming restrictions associated with COVID-19 have been lifted – we will decide whether there is sufficient interest to move forward with this event. If so, an updated notice will be circulated and the programming will be determined.
- Monday, December 27 - 2:00–4:30 pm, Rehearsal at Dr. Steel Recital Hall
- Tuesday, December 28 - 9:30 am–12:00 pm, Rehearsal at Dr. Steel Recital Hall
- Wednesday, December 29 - 9:30 am–12:00 pm, Rehearsal at Confederation Centre Mainstage
- Wednesday, December 29 - 7:30 pm, Performance at Confederation Centre Mainstage
- Wednesday, December 29 - 9:00 pm, Reception at location TBA
All participants will be required to pay a $20 fee to off-set expenses associated with this venture. It will be due at the registration desk preceding the first rehearsal.
To confirm your intention to participate, complete the information below by October 1, 2021 and submit.