Graduates of two year college diploma programs can gain access to the Bachelor of Business Administration degree (BBA) by way of the Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration Program.
The Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration program is available to students who have a two-year diploma from Holland College (or a similar college). They must satisfy general UPEI and Faculty of Business entrance requirements. Applicants must demonstrate a minimum average of 70% in their college program.
Required courses recommended to be taken in a student’s FIRST year at UPEI:
- Business 1410 – Marketing
- Business 1710 – Organizational Behaviour
- Business 2410 – Management Information Systems
- Business 2880 – Research and Evidence-Based Management
- Economics 1010 – Introductory Microeconomics
- Economics 1020 – Introductory Macroeconomics
- Math 1110 – Finite Mathematics
- UPEI 1010 – Writing Studies (see note 3)
- Accounting 1010 – Introduction to Financial Accounting (except students whose college diploma was in Accounting; see note 1)
Required courses recommended to be taken in a student’s SECOND year at UPEI:
- Business 2120 – Business Presentations and Communications
- Business 2310 – Corporate Finance
- Business 2510 – Introduction to Management Science
- Business 2720 – Human Resource Management
- Business 3010 – Business Law – Part I
- Business 3430 – Integrated Cases in Marketing
- English 3810 – Professional Writing
- Accounting 2210 – Managerial Accounting
Required courses recommended to be taken in a student’s THIRD year at UPEI:
- Business 3330 – Integrated Cases in Corporate Finance OR Business 334 – Personal Finance
- Business 3510 – Operations Management
- Business 3710 – Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
- Business 3910 – Strategic Management
- Business 4850 – Developing Management Skills
- Business 4950 – Business Research I
For students whose college diploma was in Accounting:
In addition to the 22 required courses, students must take 8 elective courses. At least three electives must be business courses, and at least four electives must be non-business courses. The other elective (“a free elective”) may be either a business or a non-business course.
For students whose college diploma was not in Accounting:
In addition to the 23 required courses, students must take 7 elective courses. At least two electives must be business courses, and at least four electives must be non-business courses. The other elective (“a free elective”) may be either a business or a non-business course.
Students must obtain at least 60% in at least 14 of the 18 required business courses in order to qualify for the Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
1. Students whose college diploma was in Accounting will substitute a business elective for ACCT 1010.
2. Students in this program are eligible for the Business Co–op option.
3. The completion of UPEI 1010 is a required course for the Accelerated BBA, but the course also meets the general UPEI requirement of taking UPEI 1010, 1020 or 1030.
The Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration program is available to students who have a two-year diploma from Holland College (or a similar college) in Retail Management, Business, or Accounting.
Applicants must satisfy general UPEI and Faculty of Business entrance requirements, and demonstrate a minimum average of 70% in their college program.
Please refer to the UPEI Academic Calendar for complete admissions information.
UPEI's undergraduate tuition is the second-lowest in the Atlantic region, and we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and awards.
$6,270 per year, based on 30 credit hours ($627 per 3 credit course).
International students pay $7,320 per year in addition to full-time student tuition.
For a complete breakdown of part-time or full-time study as a student in the Faculty of Business, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
Scholarships and Awards
UPEI supports you and your educational goals. We administer millions of dollars in scholarships and awards to our undergraduate and graduate students every year. Depending on your faculty or program, and year of study, you may be eligible for available awards.
Search the complete list of scholarships for information and application forms.
Celebrating Student Achievement
Including Guaranteed Entrance Scholarships and Academic Excellence Awards, these awards recognize the academic achievements of all students who meet the eligibility criteria while studying towards their first undergraduate degree.
Visit the Scholarships site for complete information.
UPEI has about 250 faculty members—exceptional scholars, teachers, and mentors, with more being hired each year as we open new, progressive, and unique programs. But the story isn’t just in the numbers. It’s in the quality of our people. Award-winning faculty from around the globe have made UPEI home. Here, you’ll learn directly from these world-class professors and researchers in small classes where you’ll have easy access to them.