Public Speaking Fundamentals
Many people feel ill-prepared or are afraid to speak in public. This course will teach participants the fundamentals of public speaking and how to cope with their fears. It will cover several topics to start people along their journey of becoming more skilled public speakers. Knowledge is power and practice makes perfect!
In Public Speaking Fundamentals, participants will learn— through a combination of lectures and exercises—about how they can prepare both mentally and physically to give a presentation that is engaging, interesting, and memorable.
Course content includes:
- Reviewing the different forms of public speaking
- Learning why public speaking skills are important
- Exploring the causes of public-speaking fear
- Learning techniques to overcome the fear of public speaking
- Learning formal and informal presentation formats
- Discussing audience behaviours and non-verbal communication
This course is ideal for anyone who needs to engage in public speaking but lacks the confidence to do so.