Sustainability and Energy Management’s activities are guided by these six guiding principles:
- Professionalism Conduct itself with the utmost professionalism in dealing with the campus community and the community at large.
- Respect Diversity Endeavor to respect and incorporate the diversity of opinions, options and ideas in its planning and operations.
- Collaboration Work with the campus community to promote the development of a sustainability culture and improve overall energy efficiency.
- Education Work to raise awareness of sustainability fundamentals and initiatives and energy efficiency activities that will provide for a more informed collective.
- Champion Work to foster change within the campus community by demonstrating sustainable and energy efficient principles in its operation.
- Leadership Provide guidance and direction to the campus community in fostering a sustainable and energy efficient community.